This conference was a very welcome reality check for me. I now have more of a grasp on the magnitude of what I don't know. I will try to find links for the items I wish to read further. After about 4 full days of pretty intense discussions and readings my brain is in a fog. Example: I left a bottle of water in my purse and forgot to take off my shoes through security at the airport...TSA asked if I was testing them.
Things to read later:
How People Learn, National Research Council (2000)
How Students Learn, National Research Council (2005)
Knowing What Students Know, National Research Council (2001)
The Opportunity Equation (2009)
Teaching Scientific Inquiry, Richard Duschl, NSF Conference, Sense Publishers (2005)
The Psychology of Learning: A Brief History, (Bruner, 2004)
Scientific Inquiry Practices (Abd-el-Khalick, et al. 2004 and Grandy & Duschl, 2007)
SENCERizing Preservice K-8 Teacher Education: The Role of Scientific Practices
Science Education in 3-Part Harmony
I will add to the list later, this was just from my Monday/Tuesday notes.
No comments:
Post a Comment